The Barossa Valley in South Australia is one of the state’s popular destinations. If you are planning to visit the Barossa Valley there are so many wineries and cellar doors to experience that you are probably wondering where to start your planning. We have come up with the 10 best unique wine tours in the Barossa Valley you can experience in a trike, a luxury Jaguar XF, a classic convertible 1966 Mustang or by helicopter. Which adventure will you experience?
90 Minutes Sightseeing Barossa Valley by Trike
What could be more relaxing than touring around the Barossa Valley by trike? Hitting the road with the wind flying through your hair, enjoying great views, historical landmarks and key towns. This tour is suitable for 2 persons.
Your 90 minutes tour includes:
- Stop off at Menglers Hill for a great photo opportunity of the Barossa Valley
- Enjoy visiting Chateau Tanudra and stop for another splendid photo opportunity
- Cruise to Seppeltsfield Winery
Barossa Uncut Wine 3.5-hour Trike Tour
- Wine tasting in the Barossa Valley and Eden Valley – you can choose the vineyards or we can recommend favourites
- Visit Maggie Beer’s famous Gourmet Food Shop
- Cheese tasting at the Barossa Valley Cheese Company
- Visit the Barossa’s microbreweries for cider, beer or gin tasting
- Max 3 people
Sign up for our regular newsletter here. We won’t spam you but we don’t want you to miss out on exciting destinations to discover in your own backyard.
Barossa Valley’s Luxury Tour – 3.5 hours in a Jaguar XF for 2 – 4 people
- Enjoy wine tasting without worrying about drink driving regulations
- If you have favourite wineries that you would like to visit we can accommodate you or let us choose for you
- Visit Maggie Beer’s famous Gourmet Food Shop
- Taste fine cheese from the Barossa Valley Cheese Co
- The Barossa is home to some of the best microbreweries – enjoy a beer or cider tasting at its best
- A car fridge is provided for your purchases and there is plenty of room in the boot for wine purchases too!
Why Not Extend and Enjoy 6 hours in your Luxury Jaguar Car Cruising the Barossa Valley
- Visit the best of Barossa’s wineries
- See Barossa’s attractions
- Option of 4WD tracks to stunning vistas in the Barossa Ranges
Cruise the Barossa Valley for 3.5 hours in a Mustang (max 3 people)
You choose or leave it up to us to put together your 3.5 itinerary visiting wineries, Maggie Beer’s famous Gourmet shop and mico-breweries. The tour is similar to the one above in the luxury Jaguar but in a sporty 1966 convertible Mustang instead.Book Now
6 Hours Cruising the Barossa Valley in a Mustang
6 hours of visiting historical and boutique wineries at your own pace. Enjoy the microbreweries and the Maggie Beer Gourmet Food Shop. We can tailor-make your itinerary or you could leave it up to us with our favourite and popular establishments.Book Now
Day Tour from Adelaide – 8 hours Luxury Jaguar Tour for min 2 max 4 people
This Barossa Day Tour is from Adelaide. You depart Adelaide at 10.30 am Monday to Friday or Saturday and Sunday at 10.00 am.
Your tour includes:
- Visit the best boutique and historical wineries
- Visit the best of Barossa’s attractions
- Enjoy lunch at Vintners Bistro and Grill which includes a glass of wine each
Ultimate Barossa Adventure – 7 Hours Combining the Trike and Mustang
Half a day touring the Barossa Valley in the classic 1966 Mustang Convertible and the Trike which takes in the best of the Barossa Valley wineries, Barossa’s attractions and a 2-course lunch with a glass of wine at Harvest Kitchen.Book Now
Barossa Gin School
Would you like to make your own custom Gin? In a 4-hour Master Class, you will be creating your own gin from scratch with the help of the team. Choose from a range of botanicals available. Enjoy lunch whilst the stills are creating their magic. At the end of the session, you will have created your own individual gin, bottled it and labelled it ready to share your creation with friends and family.Book Now
Private Helicopter Flight and Winery Visit
“Lifting off from the helipad in the Hoffnungsthal Valley, enjoy flying over Rowland Flat taking in the views of Jacob’s Creek Winery’s “tank farm”, before heading to Lyndoch, at the southern end of the Barossa, where you will arrive in style at Kies Family Wines.
From our landing site directly at the entrance to the Kies Family Wines Cellar door, you will be introduced to the Kies Crew, who have great pleasure in guiding you through a tasting of their extensive range.
Choose your favourite and then head to the café for a delicious 2-course lunch. After lunch, reboard the helicopter to continue the flight over the Whispering Wall (Barossa Reservoir) before descending into the Hoffnungsthal Valley. Home of Barossa Helicopters.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information.
We hope you have enjoyed our unique Barossa tours article. Feel free to share with family and friends. If you have had a unique Barossa Valley wine tour we would love to hear from you.
Do you need a flight to Adelaide? We use Skyscanner to book all our flights.
If you need to rent a car from Adelaide Airport check out these rates from Jucy.
We always recommend that you take out travel insurance when you travel.
Are you on Pinterest? We are at Staycation Australia. Why not follow us and save to your own board for your next travel inspiration?
More travel inspirations for your next Staycation: